After the speedy response of the Hawaiian Fire Department, a married couple with five children left the fire scene uninjured.
The Fire at Kane’ohe Left the Family of Seven Without Home
The Hawaiian Fire Department successfully reacted to a fire that had occurred in the one-storey family residence in Kane’ohe on Wednesday afternoon. Nine fire-fighting teams arrived at the fire scene at 6:23 p.m. and managed to put the fire under control within 17 minutes. By 7:15 the same evening, the fire was completely extinguished.
The first people who heard the sound of fire were the woman and her 3-year-old. They immediately alerted the father who was doing some repairs in the house. Fortunately, no one in this family of seven was injured during this event, and the firefighters evacuated all of them to safety. Red Cross stepped in to find temporary accommodation for this family in need.
The investigation showed that the fire was a result of an accident as the electric outlet caught on fire. The estimated damage to the property is $517,000 and an additional sum of $25,000 for the possessions.
Unfortunately, the burnt-down household didn’t have any fire alarm or water sprinklers installed.